Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Montreal for the Glass Conference

So I just got back from Montreal where I was at the Glass Art Association of Canada conference.

Highlights (not necessarily conference related):

* The dance off at the talent show - the man in the wig and bathrobe is the president of GAAC, Brad Copping.

*My fabulous new friend Jacinthe who gave me a place to stay during my time in Montreal. She is a ceramic artist that makes fantastic things seen here on her website: http://www.jacinthebrindamour.com/

* The metro system in Montreal.


* The glass fashion show. The first part consisted on collaborations between Quebec Artists and local clothing designers. The second part was an amazing collection of pieces made by various glass artists.

* The candy store "Sucre Bleu". Leave it to me to find a candy store when I go to a new city. Though honestly it wasn't too hard to find with this big colourful sign!


I was super sad to leave. Hopefully I will have an excuse to go back soon!

No comments: