Monday, 27 September 2010

Lack of Update/Computer Woes

I have been without my computer for about six weeks now, which makes doing a web update a little difficult. I've been going slightly crazy without Photoshop and Dreamweaver.

Anyway, this has been what has been going on:

Haliburton: The Haliburton Arts & Crafts Festival was fantastic. Lots of friendly people visiting and participating in the show. I had some great neighbours: Tim and Katherine from Blown Away Glass Studio in Elora, ON, and Tara Lynne Franco who introduced me to AllSorts Gallery on Ottawa Street in Hamilton. Many thanks to Jenn and Terry of Artech Glassblowing Studio who gave me such a lovely place to stay when I was there.

Ottawa Trip: I went for a visit to Ottawa to show some larger work to the gallery Lafreniere & Pai. I am really happy with the pieces they took, and even happier that I got to see Kevin Lockau while I was at the gallery.

Ottawa was lovely, and my friend Kellie knew all the important places to take me in Ottawa....


I love sugar mountain, so fantastic! Candy and gelato all under one roof, perfect!


This one was in Westboro, and was not as exciting. Very pretty place though.

Queen West Art Crawl: It was a beautiful weekend, and I think I saw more hipsters in two days than I have all year. Outdoor shows are a labour of love, there is always hope that things like setup and tear down will be easy. Then this happens and all you can do is laugh.

Chaos in the parking lot......

2 comments:

Devon Begg said...

Hello! I found your blog through Eleanor Magpie's post about your gummy worm pendant. I just want to say that your stuff is really cute. Are you planning to visit Ottawa again, maybe to sell your jewelry here? If so I would love to take a look at it. Cheers!

Emma Gerard said...

Hi there! Thanks!

I haven't planned any more visits to Ottawa, but I do sell my candy jewellery at Lafreniere & Pai.