Wednesday, 23 March 2011

NSCAD!

Well after a lot of waiting I finally got the news I wanted to hear. I have a plan for September! Back to school it is! I was accepted into the jewellery program at NSCAD (the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design). To say I am thrilled is an understatement. The possibilities are so exciting and I am so happy to be taking this next step in my career. Plus, as you can see from my last post, Halifax is fantastic.

More things that make it fantastic:

This amazing used bookstore on Barrington Street.


The Public Gardens


Theodore Tugboat! Oh... and the ocean!


Now, to find a pub that has chicken fingers....

6 comments:

shannongerard said...

all the pubs are awesome. they bring you tester tiny glasses of beer so you can decide what kind you want before committing to a whole pint! SO PROUD OF YOU. i loooove halifax!! (and you!)

Emma Gerard said...

Thank you!!! You will come visit me, yes??? Please!!

Kerri said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
That's so exciting Emma! I hope you love it there! I can't wait to see what you'll be up to in jewellery! Will you be able to do any flameworking as well?

Emma Gerard said...

Thanks Kerri! I seriously can't wait to be a student again. So exciting!!

The Nova Scotia Centre for Crafts and Design has a little flameworking studio. But I know they only have open studio access on Saturdays. So I need to investigate some more options. But a friend of mine from Sheridan also got accepted for sculpture, and he has a torch he is probably bringing... so who knows.

I'll see you at One of a Kind!

shannongerard said...

hrm, let's see? can i visit my fav cousin in one of my fav cities? i GUESS so.

Emma Gerard said...

Do it!!