Saturday, 6 August 2011

Packing.....

So the packing has begun! I really can't believe how much stuff I have, especially kitchen stuff. Though most of my dishes are amazing handmade things I have collected over the last few years!

I am really starting to get excited about back to school. The fact that I don't even know what I am going to be making is great, especially because I have been so focused on production work for the past 2 years. And to work with some materials other than glass will do me a lot of good. I love glass, but it's time for a break. I sort of feel like if I see any more candy, I will go crazy. Change is good.

Speaking of.... When I was going through boxes of my Grandma's old kitchen stuff I found all kinds of amazing kitchen gadgets. Apparently she was all about the gadgets (despite never cooking....) I found this really old and fantastic candy thermometer! My dad asked me what I was going to do with it.... A silly question to be sure. Obviously, candy will be made with such a glorious gadget!


Another absolutely amazing find was this little ceramic creamer that was hand painted by my great-great-grandmother, Elsie. It's dated Christmas Day, 1917 on the bottom. I love everything about this. The art nouveau flowers, the colours, the gold lustre, and of course the amazing history behind the object.

No comments: