Monday, 21 November 2011

3 more weeks/Missing OOAK

This is likely to be short, but I figured it was time for a little update. It was weird today because so many people I know are setting up for the One of a Kind show back in Toronto. It feels very strange that I am not there doing the same. I still have days here and there where I question my decision to come out here, I have to say that today was one of them. I never thought I would but I miss doing shows.... I mean, yes - I am doing Halifax Crafters, but it's just not the same at One of a Kind. Plus, I am just missing all my amazing artist friends back home.

I don't have that many images to show now of what I have been working on but more will follow soon.... Here are my latest jewellery samples... chain! Which I actually really enjoyed doing. No filing or hammering, nice and quiet. This was a welcome change from rivets.


Rivets were too noisy. I liked flush rivets though.


This is one of my two flower holders from ceramics. I had a really hard time with this because with most glass vessels people ask "can I put flowers in it?" We'll see, I don't know how I feel about it right now, but maybe once it's glazed I will fall in love with them. Time will tell.


I also spent some time last week trying to weave with metal - with varying degrees of success. Perhaps I will post some pictures if I can come up with some nicer samples.

No comments: