Monday, 7 November 2011

A Few Good Weeks

Once again I should probably be working on my essay, but I have ended up here. I have had a super productive and amazing couple of weeks. Things are getting very exciting in all the studios. Ceramics is making me slightly less cranky this week. Our latest assignment was to throw components and then assemble them into larger pieces. So it went from the ten shapes below last Thursday....

.... to these two pieces tonight! The tallest one is 18 inches.


We have been doing some interesting things in weaving as well. We learned how to draft patterns (which was a nightmare, but I understand it now....) and then we all picked a different pattern and set up the looms. This was the pattern I set up. It's called Ms and Os. Pretty simple, but kind of nice.


I love the undulating twill! I am just happy that I didn't have to set it up.


Waffle weave.


Overshot.... These patterns look really beautiful, but are so complicated when you are weaving them. There were too many things happening at once. It was quite easy to become distracted and lose your place in the pattern. It's very pretty - but never again....


I feel like I rarely post jewellery photos. So behold my dome samples in all of their shiny glory! We are working on brooches this week. I am extremely excited for mine! Pictures to follow....

Ok, now back to my essay....

2 comments:

avrilloreti said...

emmmmmma!!! you make me want to go back to school! xo

Emma Gerard said...

Avril! Do it! (But only if you will come to NSCAD....)