Thursday, 1 December 2011

December?

Well, what a day... Less than two weeks left. I know it's going to whiz by! But how is it December? Really? Final critiques are creeping up. Final crits in weaving and ceramics are next week. Yikes.

I feel like November was really good though. I have generally learned a lot about myself and what it is that I like and dislike about different materials. My personal essay for writing class is all about the materials I have worked with and the varying personalities associated with the different mediums. Depending on how happy I am with the final version I may end up posting it either in full or in parts on here. I think it'll be a good final reflection on the semester.

As well as what I have been learning in school I have also made a lot of decisions about the kinds of things and people I want in my life. It's funny that I had to move a few provinces away from home to gain this kind of perspective, but these decisions are going to lead to so many positives and I am going to be so much happier for it. I am so thankful for all the supportive amazing people I have in my life. I couldn't have made it through this semester without all the love and support.

Anyway, there are so many final projects to work on... Here is a first look at part of my neck piece for our jewellery final. I need to make a bunch more of these and then attach them all together. This will consume next week I am sure.... Photos will eventually follow.

Detail of one of my scarves for my final weaving project. I am sewing in all the threads and doing all the twisty ends now. I actually find finishing the ends really relaxing, plus it's kind of fun. And that's the point right?



More scarf magic. Undulating twill!


We did studio cleanup in ceramics today - seriously, I can't believe the semester is almost over. The job assigned to me was throwing out bisqueware and glaze tests that no one wanted. I taught some of my classmates what "will it bounce" was. It was amazing. And if there was ever a day where I needed to smash things, it was most definitely today. Goodbye pent up frustration! Behold the carnage!

Halifax Crafters is also this weekend. I have to switch from school mode to show mode. It will be a challenge, but one I am up for. Bring on the weekend!

No comments: