Monday, 14 May 2012

West Hamilton Studio Tour

Now that I have had some rest I can finally do a little update on the show.  I had such a great weekend with my wonderful hosts, Gordon Leverton and his lovely wife Nancy.  They were such gracious hosts and Nancy kept me very well fed the whole time (almost too well fed, will have to hit the gym a little bit extra this week I think!). 

We had a few crazies through, but there were so many lovely people that came through. That's why I love doing studio tours, everyone is always so friendly.  They actually appreciate art! 

It is definitely nice being back in good old Ontario and doing shows. Setting everything up was a bit slower than usual.  It's much harder when you forget where everything usually goes.  But the kitchen was the perfect little spot to setup.


This is Malcolm. He was my helper for the show.  When he was not on my table, or at least trying to get on the table, he was sitting in my chair or schmoozing with the visitors. 


Apparently he slept on my table at night.  Maybe he was just being a good guard cat?


Here are some of Gord's paintings setup in the kitchen. 


One of my favourite paintings above the fireplace.



We also did a little pre-tour on Friday night.  And while I didn't get a chance to see the whole show, what I did see was pretty great.  Here are some of Helga Morrison's pieces setup in Studio 9. 


And some lovely ceramics by Tara Lynne Franco also in Studio 9.


More ceramics at Tony and Sheila Clennell's studio! 


Paul Elia's work is fantastic! 


Jason Freiburger's work in Studio 4 


Fellow flameworker Sandra Greenwood was on the tour as well. Her Touch of Glass work is lovely.


Julia Veenstra's paintings were incredible.  She had so many fantastic pieces there, this is a detail of one of my favourites. 


All in all a great weekend. Thanks to the organizers and everyone else for all of their hard work! 

No comments: