Monday, 27 August 2012

The End of the Summer and Ottawa

So I leave for Halifax in three days. I really don't know where this last month went. One thing I did was go to Ottawa for the Art in the City show in Confederation Park. Generally the less said about this show the better, but I met a lot of lovely people, the friendly locals were pretty funny and I got some orders out of it. So all in all, not bad. My favourite part of the show is that it is my last for the summer and I don't have to say "it's all made out of glass" until at least next May!

One of my show neighbours was Laura Kaardal. Her paintings are fantastic! Laura and her boyfriend were so friendly and helpful this weekend. Shows are always so much better when you are surrounded by amazing people!

Another great part of my visit was staying with my lovely host Gabe Thirlwall. You may know her work, she makes fingers puppets of all the Canadian politicians!

I stopped in Picton on my way to Ottawa for a quick and much needed visit with a friend. Picton is such a cute little town. A view from the harbour downtown:

My friend Aimee Buikema was a guest artist in a show at Arts on Main Gallery downtown Picton. Here she is with one of her paintings. She even sold one that day! Apparently it was just minutes after we were there.

Aimee took me to Sandbanks! I had never been there and it was so beautiful. I badly needed a beach day, and Sandbanks provided. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

I also went to Nortel on my way to Ottawa. I went for two colours I left with a handful of new Creation is Messy colours. I had one last day in the studio the other day and I made some more things to experiment with when I get back to school!

Stay tuned for the next post from Nova Scotia!

No comments: