Thursday, 25 October 2012

Thanksgiving Adventure in PEI

Before I get into any more exciting school updates I have to do a post about my amazing thanksgiving weekend.  Aimee and I went to Prince Edward Island with our friend Katrina to her parent's house. It was a lovely hero quest of a drive (and we only got lost a little bit!) 


We had a little bonfire with plenty of marshmallows when we arrived and then we went apple picking at a local orchard the next day!  Honeycrisp apples are my new favourite, so delicious.



Despite being closed, we still went to the alpaca farm.  My dreams of hugging one were shattered though.  I may yet get my chance at Easter though... maybe...


We had to wear mittens because it was so cold but we decided to check out the red sandy beaches of PEI. It was a little cloudy, but still unbelievably beautiful.  Of course I witnessed something strange there: one of the friendly locals was shovelling some sand into a trailer attached to his 4-wheeler.  Random? Yes! 



Beautiful barnacles at the beach!


Katrina's parents have chickens! They are hilarious and amazing creatures. 



They even let you pet them! 


This one was particularly amusing.  She was twice the size of the other ones, tried to lay eggs on the driveway and best of all: she was pigeon toed! 



Katrina's parent were so amazing and welcomed us into their home with open arms. They cooked delicious food for us, joined us in our crokinole games, and sent us home with fresh veggies from the garden, fresh eggs from the chickens and freshly baked bread! 

What a wonderful contrast from last year! While I usually lament having to openly declare what I am thankful for I have to say that I am so thankful for the friends I have here.  It's unfortunate that sometimes it takes someone being really horrible to make you move on to people who are so incredible that you can't imagine going through school without them.  

Ok I am done being sappy, back to the art!

No comments: