Tuesday, 2 April 2013

A Little Break

Katrina, Aimee and I managed to escape Halifax for the weekend and crossed the Confederation Bridge into Prince Edward Island to enjoy Easter at the Craig ranch.  It was such a relaxing weekend and exactly what the three of us needed.  


One of the first tasks given to us was to find an "Easter Tree".  Despite not having the suggested tool (a hammer) we managed to find some appropriate branches to fashion a lovely tree. 


We also went back to the alpaca farm, this time someone was there to give us a tour.  The alpacas didn't seem too concerned when we came right up to them, one of them came right up and let us pet her!



Though I did not get to hug one, I got to pet this little lady name Shilo. 


Aimee also enjoys some alpaca pets.


Now that we are are back and done stuffing our faces with chocolate and turkey, it's crunch time at school.  School ends in two weeks tomorrow (which is unreal).  There is plenty of school work still to do and the applications keep piling up as well.  I finished these pine cones right before I left for my One of a Kind show application.   Applying for One of a Kind seems especially surreal to me as it doesn't seem like that long ago that I was putting all that on hold so that I could come to NSCAD. 


This is what awaits me at my bench when I get to school tomorrow.  Lots of electroforming still to do, and earrings still to assemble. 


No comments: